Media Communications Agency Universal McCann published a report on the impact of social media. The project is an ongoing commitment to measure consumer usage, attitudes and interests in adopting social media platforms. The report can be of interest if you are a blogger.
17,000 Internet users in 29 countries were interviewed. Some of the findings in the report are:
* Asian markets are leading in terms of participation, creating more content than any other region.
* Video Clips are the quickest growing platform.
* 57% Have joined a Social Network, making it the number one platform for creating and sharing content.
* There are now 184 million bloggers world-wide.
* China has the largest blogging community in the world with 42 million bloggers, more than the US and Western Europe combined.
* The Netherlands, has the largest Internet penetration by market. 87.7% of all adults are online.
Wave.3 is pdf document.